empireinblood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
COMBAT RESOURCES
Photobucket
Time Until Next Post
Resources
Photobucket
Photobucket
Zone Chart
Zone1 (East end, hallway outside the chamber): Double doors leading in to the hallway can be shut and bolted from the inside of the chamber.:
OCCUPY: Midnorton

Zone2 (Eastern half of the audience chamber): This is the main floor of the chamber, where all of the cultists have convened. It is literally a throng of men, and so moving into Zone3 would require an AGI check of 25 or more to avoid being pulled down and trampled by the crowd:
OCCUPY: Valaren, Skyler

Zone3 (Western half of the audience chamber): Here there is a raised platform, where there is an altar beneath a giant golden statue that is suspended in mid-air.:
OCCUPY: Masked CULT LEADER, Pregnant woman, Artimus, Garvan

Difficulty Ratings
Photobucket

Part IV: What Had Walked

Go down 
+3
Midnorton
Valaren
Lore Keeper
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Midnorton

Midnorton

Reknown : 8

Character sheet
HP:
Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16/16Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/16)
EXP:
Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue950/5000Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15.01.13 23:54

Midnorton thanked the barkeep and left a gold coin on the counter for him. He then returned to his companions and took a seat as he sipped on the ale he left there.

“You remember that halfling we encountered when we were suppose to deal with the ransom and free the princess but instead got that fat priest? I believe he is the one that is renting room 15.”

Midnorton snorted, “Things look like they will get complicated again soon. Perhaps this time we can avoid an unnecessary fight what that halfling.”
Back to top Go down
Diana

Diana

Reknown : 3

Character sheet
HP:
Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP:
Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue450/5000Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (450/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16.01.13 0:28

Morning... another day, another sunrise...
Diana slipped out of bed and got ready. She met with the others and acknowledged the message sent. Someone had been watching them... The previous night was quite hazy for Diana... A good amount of drink would do that to her. But the important parts were there.

Diana tossed the key to Garvan, he seemed the best for the task.
"Here's the key to my room ya big hunk. Care to help me make that hole?"
Back to top Go down
Artimus

Artimus

Character sheet
HP:
Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15/21Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (15/21)
EXP:
Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1375/5000Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16.01.13 16:30

Midnorton’s silver tongue freed the identity of the mystery guest of room 15 from the barman with impressive haste. Had the Dyriad the desired there he could be a decorate diplomat, brokering peaces and posturing political position or a masterful merchant pockets overflowing with wealth. Artimus considered for a moment that he had no idea what motivated his barky aly...

“Cherous” Artimus chimed in.

It seemed the agent of Ost the mariner bested in a Duel wanted something further of them.

"I suppose he might be after a measure of revenge, but I would meet with him. If he desires to cross swords again, who am I to deny him a death by my hand?”

Artimus quipped with a wink.
Back to top Go down
Garvan

Garvan

Reknown : 9

Character sheet
HP:
Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue13/22Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/22)
EXP:
Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue2775/5000Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16.01.13 17:41

Garvan nodded in silence at Artimus. Indeed it must be Cherous, who else?

"M'lday," the fisherman said to Diana in obviously feigned courtesy, "As much as I hate to forgo assisting you with your hole. I don't see that as being necessary any longer." He finished with a flourish of his hand and a wolfish grin.

"I don't expect any threat from the halfing. Artimus alone bested him in combat and there many and more of us. I am curious as to what he might want with us though." And with that Garvan sat back at the table. "Only one way to find out."

==============

Garvan is simply going to wait till midnight and drink a few. If anyone else wants to investigate before the meeting he will not object
Back to top Go down
Lore Keeper
Admin
Lore Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16.01.13 20:59

fellowship, 4th of Septem, 12:00 AM

The floorboards creaked beneath their feet as the fellowship found their way up through the spacious hallways of the Seaspray to Room 15. The room was quiet beyond, and carefully Midnorton fitted the key in the door and pushed it open.

A soft light filled the room, illuminating the simple and elegant woodwork that befitted all of the rooms at the Seaspray. A short figure stood next to a window, gazing out over Sulkporte's modest skyline.

Midnorton noticed the small man's hand move away from his hip, dropping his guard as the familiar voice of Cherous addressed the fellowship.

"Welcome, fellows." he said, turning quickly and leaning against the window sil.

"Thank you for meeting me." Cherous' face was gravely lit by the candles, his chosen leather armor betraying a paranoia, given the situation.

The fellowship filtered into the room, closing the door quietly behind them at the halflings behest. A tray sat upon a heavy oak table, adorned with several bottles of wine and brandy - a furnishing that none of them had observed in their own rooms.

A moment of awkward silence was followed by the small man's speech;

"I apologize for the cloak-and-daggery, but it becomes my only option given the circumstances of our meeting. You have caused me quite a good deal of trouble, for which I do not fault you...but, here we are."

"It seems strange to me that we should meet again under such conditions. I am Cherous, the hand of Lord Ost, and I am quickly running out of options regarding this caper involving Geiss' daughter."

With a quick hand, Cherous moved to the table and grabbed the brandy, pouring himself a glass and taking a deep swig. He eyed the fellowship and pointed to the wine - as if to say, help yourself to anything but the brandy, which was obviously quite fine.

"I did not run into you in that clearing for mere fate. You see, my intended salvation of Lord Therus was an orchestrated farce meant to swiftly gain the ear of the church of Magustan, and simultaneously poison their relationship with Geiss at the revelation of his mercenaries - you - bearing the false ransom. Unfortunately, you slew my men in quick order, endeared yourself to the priest, and proceeded to save Geiss' daughter from the "men at arms" that my Lord Ost hired to hold her ransom."

Cherous chuckled to himself, tightening his lips after a brief moment.

"For this I do not fault you, however. The...cult...that you managed to extract Geiss' daughter from clearly had no indication of returning the daughter in one piece. Ost intended only to sour Geiss' reputation with the church, knowing full well that he would not part with his sigil for that tramp daughter of his...but things became complicated when the cult took Geiss' brood for their own dark purposes. Our dealings with them were conveniently handled by your group, for which I owe you gratitude. But it puts me in a precarious position...which is the reason I've turned to your party - a perfect group of strangers - for a touch of aid."

The halfling took a deep swig of brandy, swirling it around in his mouth. Unconsciously, he ran his hands over the pommel of his dagger.

"It seems that this group of sellswords that was presented to my Lord Ost was indeed a cult, and though my lord knows only of their failure and not of their treachery, I've evidence of a much darker reality. You, Artimus DeLondes, the grey mouser, infamous Brettonian swordsman that you are, should know what I speak of."

Cherous let his knowledge of the mariner's identity hang in the air for a moment.

"It is no secret that your former employer, the Assassin Lord Verdi Di Vicci of Couronne has a heavy hand in my lord's dealings throughout the Sea of Claws. Ost is a loyal member of his inner circle, but even he is not immune to the treachery of the Merchant of Death. For whatever dark reason, Verdi orchestrated the acquisition of Geiss' daughter into this ragtag...back-hill cult for whatever archaic ritual you witnessed."

"Two weeks ago, I stumbled upon the unexpected arrival of two of the Merchant's emissaries into Sulkporte, hidden to Ost Company, upon a tradeship from the Empire. Foxas Arkonidus, the cult leader that you disposed of, is really an ordained priest of Bachux from Altdorf in the employ of the Merchant - and it seems that whatever dark ploy he enacted in that dungeon was the aim of Verdi in the first place."

Cherous took a deep drink of brandy, finishing off the glass and placing it on the table.

"The Merchant clearly had no intentions of supporting us in our mission of undermining Geiss, and my partner Pergrew was imprisoned and murdered by the second emissary, the assassin Seux Mergreuille, for discovering their involvement in the cult. The cult was assumed to be local - and my Lord Ost still believes them to have been. I followed Seux Mergreuille into the interior of the island a few days past, before I discovered what had happened. He lost me, however."

"Regardless, as it stands - if my Lord Ost discovers that Verdi Di Vicci made a move against Ost Company by sabotaging his ploy and murdering his lieutenant, there is no doubt he would react in a very foolish way indeed. My Lord commands much power in Sulkporte, but the Merchant of Death would crush us into powder before we could lay a finger on his cadre. Here is where I believe you may help me."

"I need you to find Seux Mergreuille. He is still on the island, as Sulkporte is the only part of the Seasprays with a shoreline large enough to accomodate the kind of boat that the Sea of Claws demands, and I have not been alerted to his return. It is imperative that we find out what Verdi Di Vicci is doing here, without our knowledge, so we may react appropriately. I cannot leave Sulkporte for an extended period, as I cannot risk raising my lord's suspicions, and there is much to deal with in the wake of the failed mission. No doubt Geiss will retaliate in some way."

Cherous fingered his dagger once more, and turned to the window.

"I cannot pay you much - 2500 gold, 500 gold apiece - as it comes from my own coffers. I overheard your conversation with captain Brahnzik last night, however, and I suspect this may overlap with your intentions of locating the...white demon. What say you?"

=======================================

EXP: +50 to Artimus, Garvan, Midnorton and Diana
Back to top Go down
https://empireinblood.forumotion.com
Diana

Diana

Character sheet
HP:
Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP:
Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue450/5000Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (450/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17.01.13 1:57

Diana... being new to the group stood in the back while the halfling talked on and on about some underground politics... He must be crazy... Lost his mind in the drink or something. She looked at the others, deep in listening... Did they actually believe this halfling's nonsense? For all they knew this little guy could be sending them off on some wild goose chase. Chasing after a mysterious assassin that may not even exist.

The white demon was what Diana was interested in... Not some ring of assassins and dark lords. Even still... it would seem difficult to convince the boys to say no to this little blabbermouth... Plus, she needed them if she wanted to find the demon. At least he was offering some gold in return for their services.

Being more interested in the gold rather than any of the actual help they might be providing, Diana stepped forward.

"Great speech cutie; but I'm afraid you'll have to be quite a bit more convincing. How do we know you're not just sending us off on some crazy hunt while you find a couple of goons to bash our heads in? Then again... you could be telling the truth. But just to make sure, half up front."

Diana bent over, put one hand on her knee and held the other in front of the shorty expecting a sack of coins to be placed on her hand.
Back to top Go down
Midnorton

Midnorton

Character sheet
HP:
Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16/16Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/16)
EXP:
Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue950/5000Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17.01.13 13:51

Midnorton listened to the halfling’s speech and then looked at the ceiling as he entered into deep thought, almost missing what Diana said which caused him to smirk a little.

After a few minutes, he spoke. “This assassin. I think we should go after him. I find it hard to believe the white demon does not still have some connection to the cult. If we can capture the assassin, we can interrogate him about the cult. Perhaps even where some cult members can be located. We then can go to the cult directly and ask them where the white demon might be staying or heading to.”

Midnorton then waited for the others to speak their minds…
Back to top Go down
Lore Keeper
Admin
Lore Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17.01.13 18:56

Fellowship, 4th of Septem, 12:08 AM

Cherous stared blankly at the woman in front of him, his lips twisting into a sneer as she kneeled down in front of him.

With venom in his voice, he spoke slowly;

"I wasn't aware that this fellowship kept company with common whores. I'm not a child, wench, so stand up before I put you on your back, where you belong."

Cherous moved hastily to his Brandy bottle, leaving Diana in his wake.

"Your concerns are invalid and incompetent. I've no motive to send you on a wild goose chase in the interest of killing you, and equally no motive for parting with my own coin before the task we mutually aspire to is complete. You may be the young Geiss woman's saviour, but I've been mislead by more than one white knight in my lifetime."

Cherous glanced at Midnorton and drank deeply.

"I trust we have a deal then? I followed Seux into the foothills north of Sulkporte as deep as I dared, but I'm not one accustomed to the rugged terrain of the countryside. I leave that to men of a harder countenance than myself. And the whores that follow them, of course."

=================

EXP: +50 to Diana and Mid
Back to top Go down
Artimus

Artimus

Character sheet
HP:
Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15/21Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (15/21)
EXP:
Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1375/5000Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17.01.13 19:49

Strange you apologize for an environment you seem to openly promote and continue to encourage Artimus thought… as he heard Cherous apologize for cloak and daggery.

Artimus nodded accepting Cherous’ offer of a drink, passing his hand over the wine and place it firmly upon the brandy, pouring himself a fair measure. Poison made equals of all but the stoutest men in death. Cherous probably didn't taint the wine, althoughcertainly wasn’t above it. He seemed to need the fellowship, today.

Artimus chuckled as Cherous laid bare his presence in field that day with the bandits. His rouse was far from impenetrable. What did peak the mariner’s interest was the hand of the Assassin Lord Verdi Di Vicci, and that Cherous seemed to know something of Assassin Lord Verdi Di Vicci movements… Where he could be found, perhaps at the next meeting of the inner circle.

He drank deeply, the brandy was heady, filled with hints of oak and cherry, a wafting kiss of sea-spray and just a touch of loganberry. great brandy indeed.

Artimus De Londe raised a brow at the mention of his own name and couldn’t help but smirk for a moment while some of his resume was read. It seemed Cherous deduced his identity, his involvement with Verdi, and his somewhat hilarious moniker… the grey mouser.

It was true, he knew the methods of the merchant of death, and if he had begun to toy with the occult, it would be a danger to not only Sulkporte, but all of The Empire. Artimus was inclined to accept the halfings offer… even though he gut told him he couldn’t trust the leather clad halfpint.But Cherous didn't need to know of the Bretonnian's eagerness.

“Hmmmmmmm” Artimus droned.

I'll give you Credit Cherous, you've played your part well. you convinced the priest of your sincerity...
[Artimus tone turning somewhat playful ]

So an Imp offers you a deal to cross the King of the Devils. My instincts tell me you’re going to turn on us and I should drip you dry and leave to my bed to sleep like a baby. But I have an interest in this particular devil, and I like you, you slippery little imp.

So here is my deal, tell us what you know of Seux, Verdi and something of Ost’s Operation. Something that only you know, you must have some skin in this game if we are to build any trust at all.

This brandy tells me many things about you mon faux frère.

The first is you enjoy fine, brandy included.

Second, you’re arrogant not a slight in my books and third and most importantly.......

You can afford 5000 gold pieces. it's only fair, considering the risk you ask of us, and the importance to you..

Last edited by Artimus on 18.01.13 12:52; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Garvan

Garvan

Character sheet
HP:
Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue13/22Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/22)
EXP:
Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue2775/5000Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime18.01.13 12:19

"First and foremost my loyalties lie with the captain and my crew." Garvan had listened intently to Cherous as he explained the sublties of Ost's business relationships, never taking his eyes from the halfling.

"Normally, I would be want to decline your offer. Your good friend Giess has lined our pockets to satisfy our greed for the moment. However..." He looked then to his companions about the room, "I cannot speak for my company but Artimus, at least, is no friend to Verdi. If Verdi is indeed working with this cult then it would seem that by pursuing them we may inadvertently stumble across our White Demon in the process."

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, Garvan thought. In this care the enemy of two of my enemies.

"I will help you Cherous." Selfish as that help may be. "Should we find the Demon however, we must act against it's evil." He looked then to Artimus. "I vote we head north to the abbey, found out what we may. Perhaps it will give us guidance. From there we can try to find Verdi's agents.

"What say you fellows?"
Back to top Go down
Midnorton

Midnorton

Character sheet
HP:
EXP:
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime18.01.13 15:12

Midnorton nodded in agreement, “Garvan speaks true and his idea to travel to the abbey first is a good idea.”

“Let us hope the halfling doesn’t to plan to betray us…” He then looked at Diana.

“Diana. You should be warned. What we are going up against will be very dangerous, we have already lost two companions. One a long time companion and the other one we had just rescued from this cult. Now would be the time for you to back out if you have any value for you own life.”
Back to top Go down
Diana

Diana

Character sheet
HP:
EXP:
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20.01.13 20:16

/* comment: Sorry guys, been really busy */

Diana stood up and took a step back. Whispered under her breath... "Lil punk..."

Diana turned to Midnorton, who seemed to be warning her of the "dangers". Didn't seem like much of a big deal. Bloodshed was a part of life. Diana had already taken her fair share of lives, her death wouldn't mean much.

"I appreciate the concern, but I can handle my own."

Diana parted her hair to her side; took a good look at the little halfling. Remembered his name... Cherous.... After the mission, Diana would pay the dork a visit. Probably rough him up a bit for calling her a wench.
Back to top Go down
Lore Keeper
Admin
Lore Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime21.01.13 21:32

Cherous listened carefully as the fellowship talked among himself, and the small halfling scowled as Artimus drank his brandy and made his demands. But when it came time to speak, his tone was even and measured;

"Seaman, I will oblige your thirst for information. I understand this request - an intelligent move, and it suits me fine. But you'll not see a copper from me until this mission is complete, and I've no intentions of increasing your price. You've proven yourself, this is true...and you have a vested interest in the success of the mission, which is important. But half a dozen boats moore in Sulkporte by the week, and for 5000 gold pieces I could hire the finenst assassin from Kislev for a month's time."

He cleared his throat, and continued on.

"Seux is a deadly man, one of your kind. A methodical killer from Couronne. Ribald, confident, and a master at brokering and manipulating trust."

"Ost Company may be silent partners with the Merchant of Death, but Lord Ost uses his ties with the underworld of the Empire to keep Sulkporte safe from brigands, pirates and drug smugglers. He cares about this city, and has grown embittered towards the increasing demands from Verdi, who has taken an interest in the Seasprays as of late. At least a hundred of my lord's house guards are sent as retainers from the Merchant, and although they follow Ost's orders, they are loyal to Verdi only. I am loyal to Ost and Ost alone, so you can be certain that as long as you act in his interest, I will not betray you."

Cherous removed a pipe from his cloak, tapped it upon the table and began stuffing it with Tobacco.

"I assume we have a deal then?"

=================

[OK guys, if you have any more questions for Cherous it would be prudent to ask them in a separate thread in the Marketplace. As of right now, please indicate how you intend on spending the night, what travel arrangements you are making for tomorrow, and where you intend on leaving to]

+50 XP to Diana, Garvan, Mid and Art

Back to top Go down
Midnorton

Midnorton

Character sheet
HP:
EXP:
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22.01.13 16:38

Midnorton contemplated what that might need.

“We will probably need horses, but frankly I prefer to be on my own feet. So how about I ride double with someone? With that I can drop from the horse and respond quickly to any situation without having to worry about the horse running away on me.”

“Other than that, I suggest we continue to rest and perhaps relieve any stress we may have built up in our own ways.”

Midnorton smirked and gazed off toward the dining hall. “I wonder if that bar wench is free tonight….”
Back to top Go down
Artimus

Artimus

Character sheet
HP:
EXP:
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22.01.13 17:19

Ttttttht thhhhht tttttht

The sound of thick stubble hummed in even bursts. The Mariner Stroked his heady growth of blond bristles as he listen keenly to Cherous’ words.

He nodded when Cherous had finished sharing,

“Merci Cherous, I appreciate this show of good faith. You truly are a friend to Ost, although I caution protecting a man from himself, as you split a man when you do so, you will find that you are caught between these two men. But you have not sought us for our council. You have sought us to hunt down and kill a deadly assassin both in secret from your employer and in opposition to the Merchant of death himself. This is why it is worth the 5000 gold. Because it is a mission that you cannot afford to be shopping around and one you’re unlikely to find anyone Kislev or otherwise, willing to accept.

Artimus looked back at his companions, smirking, they seemed to indicate their agreement, all of them but Valaran who may have been deep in thought, conjuring silently, or asleep with his eyes open.

But we are a fair bunch, meet me half way at 4000, and we will take on this task, deadly and secret as it is.

Artimus waited for the Halflings response, he was willing to accept a counter of 3500. But will threaten to walk if that cannot be reached.

His only question being“How do we find you once the job is done”

In response to Midnorton

We have two hearty steeds stabled at the church, I have borrowed a cart from Giess that they will .although we could make use of one more for a another rider.
Back to top Go down
Diana

Diana

Character sheet
HP:
EXP:
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23.01.13 3:05

Diana turned around... Clearly these guys had no concept of their money.

"Pfft... I've never worked for so little. If I don't get paid up front, I don't take the job. Sorry, that's just how I am."

Diana began to walk away

"It seems like you guys are alright with that though. Have fun, don't let me drag you down. I'll find myself a decent guy who actually knows how to do a bit of business unlike this drunken shit smelling halfling. I'll be on my way then. "

Diana opened the door and left the room without any further word... Her decision was made, no words they made would change her mind. Maybe their paths would meet again... Maybe not, but there was no way that Diana would work for so little. Following them to get a lead on the demon maybe. But these guys seemed as though they weren't about to get back to that any time soon. It would be at least a few weeks wasted finding this assassin. Precious time Diana could use to either make some real money or find some more clues about her dad.

=======================================================
Guys... I'm taking a break from EIB for a while.
Might come back near the summer time.
I really just have aboslutely NO TIME for this right now.
Every weekday I'm busy running around school and other extracurriculers from 8 to at least 6... Best of luck in your future endeavors, and may your blades slay many evils. or something.

Sorry about the short notice leave; I've just been SWAMPED...
Back to top Go down
Lore Keeper
Admin
Lore Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24.01.13 0:14

Fellowship, 4th of Septem, 12:14 AM

Cherous steepled his fingers, moving towards the door and grabbing at a greatcoat laid across the small cot in the corner.

"You drive a hard bargain, mariner. But I will play. You will bring me the head of Seux, if you want to see your 4000 realized."

Here, he smiled.

"But I warn you, that task will not be easy."

Cherous grabbed the door handle and pushed the oaken door open.

"I will know when you return, and will meet you here, at the Seaspray. I expect you will be back within a week...else, I shall make additional arrangements and your payment will be subject to whoever might get the job done faster. Good luck, fellows."

==============|

OK travel preparation plans, please

+50 EXP to Artimus and Midnorton

-LK
Back to top Go down
Artimus

Artimus

Character sheet
HP:
EXP:
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25.01.13 16:04

“Very well, it is agreed.” remarked the Mariner, bowing slightly with a thinly veiled sarcasm as Churous took his leave. By Cherous' own implication it seemed they might have competition in their hunt for Seux.

Interesting.... he thought.

There was a time when Artimus was like Seux, a deadly blade for Verdi, an agent of chaos. In those days in a situation like this with a target to be hunted and compitition for the mark. Artimus would follow the other assassin Cherous had hired, letting his rival in do all the work. Once the mark was located, he would have let the two men fight, deciding who would be winner between the them. the victory would be short lived as Artimus would swoop in to claim dominance over the winded victor.

The dance had a certain beauty, low effort, high reward. But a suble and slowly strengthened sense of right an honor plagued the swashbuckler... as if the spirits of the whitevindicar had tainted him with rightlyness. Surely there was nothing wrong with a sword being turned on an evil man fairly or not... or a not so great man... or any man that stood between Artimus, Like a lamb placed between a cannon and a target. An advantage was not something to be lamented, but leverage to be mercilessly pressed... wasn’t it...
What a nuisance.
Still knowing this Artimus would watch his shadow for a Devil of Kislev who tried the sa similar maneuver. Regardless they had a head start on whatever fool Cherous sent after them on this errand.

Before the door had even shut the Brettonian was pouring out nearly full glasses of expensive brandy from Cherous stock passing them out to all in company.

Raising his Glass in their he raised a toast-

To those who join us and to those who take their leave, to old friends, and new ones and friends departed. Here's to beauty, wit, and wine; and to a full stomach, a full purse, and a light heart. May our blades meet the hearts of our foes and our skins ever remain unbroken.
Let us drink to the rolling head of the assassin Seux Mergreuille

And so they drank to the adventure ahead, success and death.

Armed with a plan, a map, a cover and caravan Artimus headed to the Church of Magastun, he would sleep there the evening. He was sure the clergy would allow him. He wanted to make sure everything was prepared for an early departure. He would make sure the horses we tacked and set to the cart he’d borrowed from Geiss, that the chart was loaded, and that the Map details he had copied agreed with what Therous knew to be the away to the abbey to the north.

He hoped that one of the priestly order took up mantle to join them, especially now that they seems short a body or two. The Fellowship was capable of accomplishing any task. But success was never guaranteed, despite what his bravado may suggest.

Preparations made they would leave at first daylight. Hidden deeply beneath his cloak, they were merchants or a caravan taking good to the abbey, whichever lie suited them best in the moment. Hopefully the father there would know something of either the white devil or Seux or any travelers they passed after trying to sell them their false wares. Cotton, books, daggers, brandy pipe weed or any of the other baubles they’d gathered in their journey.

The white devil layed ahead.

Last edited by Artimus on 27.01.13 15:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Midnorton

Midnorton

Character sheet
HP:
EXP:
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25.01.13 16:35

With the meeting apparently over with, Midnorton left the room and followed Artimus into the dining hall. There he bid his farewell to Artimus as he left for the church.

While in the dining hall, a pretended to drink the glass of wine in his hand while he listened to the bard’s music. He didn’t stay long though. He headed up to his room to call it an early night so he could rise early in the morning.

Before the sun rose, Midnorton was up and out of the tavern. He headed for the church to meet up with his companions.

He greeted Artimus as he jumped into the back of the wagon. He secured his pack and strung his bow. Knowing that a fight lied in the future…
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   Part IV: What Had Walked - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Part IV: What Had Walked
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3