empireinblood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
COMBAT RESOURCES
Photobucket
Time Until Next Post
Resources
Photobucket
Photobucket
Zone Chart
Zone1 (East end, hallway outside the chamber): Double doors leading in to the hallway can be shut and bolted from the inside of the chamber.:
OCCUPY: Midnorton

Zone2 (Eastern half of the audience chamber): This is the main floor of the chamber, where all of the cultists have convened. It is literally a throng of men, and so moving into Zone3 would require an AGI check of 25 or more to avoid being pulled down and trampled by the crowd:
OCCUPY: Valaren, Skyler

Zone3 (Western half of the audience chamber): Here there is a raised platform, where there is an altar beneath a giant golden statue that is suspended in mid-air.:
OCCUPY: Masked CULT LEADER, Pregnant woman, Artimus, Garvan

Difficulty Ratings
Photobucket

Part I: Boarding Vengeance

Go down 
+2
Midnorton
Lore Keeper
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
The Winds Of Fate

The Winds Of Fate

Reknown : 0

Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23.07.12 18:48

The member 'Midnorton' has done the following action : Diceroller

'D6' : 4, 4, 1, 1
Back to top Go down
Wulfric

Wulfric

Reknown : 5

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24.07.12 1:07

The huntsman admired the wreckage looming. The enemy dawned before them. At last, at last. Wulfric envisioned the gleam of swords that were about to flash before his woodland eyes; lives lost; victories gained; the gutteral cries of men.

Midnorton and Garvan prepared themselves for the swim. Waves smacked the tiny boat as they waded in the salty mists. Salty ripples licked the side of the boat, as if to lure the hunstman in.

"I will be dippin' there too. If there's an unfriendly camp and they spot both of us archers bobbing around out here...well, we'd be did in".

Wulfric recalled hunting Pheasants in the Northernmost hills on his property. Those were beautiful summers. Each year his aim got better, and they returned with more and more meat.

============

(sorry for another short iPhone post. Will be getting new PC tmrw)
Wulfric also swims toward the shipwreck underwater, intent scouting along the way and if the coast is clear, will attempt a high vantage point my climbing the ship

Back to top Go down
http://sunsplittermusic.bandcamp.com/album/gone-years-lp
Artimus

Artimus

Reknown : 8

Character sheet
HP:
Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15/21Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (15/21)
EXP:
Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1375/5000Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24.07.12 9:18

Artimus felt a the soft pang of sympathy at the sight of the ship run aground on the sholes of this unknown island, a final resting place, following the kind of ill treatment that can only be administered by clumsy orc hands. Still this could play in their favour, the mariner reflected.

If Garvan missed the glint in the Mariner’s eye, he didn’t miss the wry smile. His friend and companion, detected his motives precisely. The gape that marked the bow of the ship made the ship un sea worthy, a shame indeed. It afforded them the tactical of entering the vessel without hoisting themselves aloft or risking the noise of Artimus’ grappling hook.

Artimus slipped in the water wordlessly and disappeared beneath the water, stroking his way to the greatship’s waiting orifice.

Stealth = 2D6+1 = 11 (6, 4 +1)

Swim = 3D6+2 = 17 (6, 6, 3+2)

#1 'D6' : 6, 4

--------------------------------

#2 'D6' : 6, 6, 3

Last edited by Artimus on 24.07.12 10:24; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Winds Of Fate

The Winds Of Fate

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24.07.12 9:18

The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'D6' : 6, 4

#2 'D6' : 6, 6, 3
Back to top Go down
Lore Keeper
Admin
Lore Keeper

Reknown : 9

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24.07.12 11:37

Fellowship - The 31st of Auguste - 11:15 PM

The water was cold, despite the warm air as the fellows dropped the light anchor and dove one after another into the sea of claws.

Darkness pervaded them as they swam toward the greatship, and it loomed above them ominously. It was nearly 100 yards in height, and from so low they could scarcely see its masts stretching up into the starry night sky.

[Stealth check results:]

The mariner lead them down into the water, and their silent strokes quickly turned noiseless as they disappeared beneath the surface. What little light there was faded quickly as they brooched the bottom of the ship.

[...]

Wulfric could feel the bubbles run up his face as he exhaled slowly, following the faint shadow of Garvan's feet as they paddled inward.

The temperature of the water changed as they entered what could only be the keel of the boat, warming significantly as they swam deeper.

Their lungs began to tighten as the swim lagged on, and their strokes became longer and more desperate. Artimus kicked harder, the bubbles filtering back among the fellowship and causing more urgency, ending in crescendo as the mariner's head broke the surface.

Drawing deep gasps, the fellowship coughed out the seawater in the echoing chamber deep in the belly of the ship. There was no light about them, and no indication of a passage or portway into the upper reaches of the ship.

For a moment they treaded water, catching their bearings as the water lapped gently around them. Their orientation was desperate, and as they thrashed about in the water the fellowship bumped in to one another. It was cold, and their limbs occurred as slimy appendages bumping and scraping around.

Suddenly, there was a scream stifled by the stalwart gag of seawater. Midnorton could feel himself being dragged from below, sharp needles digging into his legs as the creature that grasped him tore him back and forth.

The fellowship sprung into motion, the wind knocked from the mariner's lungs as another beast rammed into him from behind. He spun, and felt the sinewy skin of a shark tear past him, jaws snapping above the surface of the water....

[Midnorton, Grappled by shark:
Hit vs. Block
9 DMG - 8 DR = 1 Damage
Grappled! 11 DC]

================================

You're in the belly of the ship. It is pitch dark, and you cannot see farther than 3 feet in front of you. You're all treading water, with no indication of how deep the water goes or where the exit is. There are two sharks (that you know of) attacking you, and one has grappled Midnorton.

Mid, you are underwater and have 3 rounds to break free and grab some air before you pass out. 10 rounds before you drown. While you're grappled, you must succeed at a Might check of 11 (this round) in order to break free.

While you are grappled, you may attack only with a short weapon (dagger, or shorter). Larger weapons incur a -5 penalty.

You are all attacking at -5 to hit because of the darkness, with an additional swim check necessary each post IF YOURE USING A WEAPON LARGER THAN A DAGGER (target number is 10) or else you incur an additional -5 to hit.

Shark stats are posted, cheers

+100 EXP each

-LK

Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 600

Last edited by Lore Keeper on 25.07.12 10:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://empireinblood.forumotion.com
Midnorton

Midnorton

Character sheet
HP:
Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16/16Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/16)
EXP:
Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue950/5000Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24.07.12 12:16

Midnorton was not use to swimming or being submerged in water completely and therefore lagged behind the others. So it was no surprise when he felt the sharp pain in his legs and felt himself dragged beneath the water again…

He temporarily resurfaced, sputtering water from his mouth as he gasped for breath. He panicked when he was drug down under again as he reached for his knife belt.

With a clumsy stab, the knife bounced off the shark’s tough hide as it showed no visible effect on the deadly sea predator.

Anger started to grow, and Midnorton began to snarl…

==============

Knife attack on Shark 1.

[Roll #1: 3,4,4 = 11 -5 (Darkness) = 6; MISS]

Last edited by Midnorton on 24.07.12 12:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Winds Of Fate

The Winds Of Fate

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24.07.12 12:16

#1 'D6' : 3, 4, 4

#2 'D6' : 3, 3, 6
Back to top Go down
Garvan

Garvan

Character sheet
HP:
Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue13/22Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/22)
EXP:
Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue2775/5000Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24.07.12 12:20

Garvan struggled in the darkness to pull his sword from its scabbard while treading the thick water, his now wet leather garbs weighing him down. He cursed himself for not being aware of the dangerous lurking in the sea.

He was calm however. He had killed bigger fish before.

Water exploded outward as he lashed out with his sword and broke the surface. He felt the drag on his blade as it cut through the darkness. Suddenly, his sword threatened to leave his grip. he had hit something.

Hopefully it wasnt the poor boy already clenched between the beasts jaws...

*DICE*

Attack (Sword) = 4D6 + 1D6 = 20 -5 Darkness - 5 Sword = 10

Swim = 4D6 = 10

Last edited by Garvan on 24.07.12 14:25; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Winds Of Fate

The Winds Of Fate

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24.07.12 12:20

The member 'Garvan' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'D6' : 4, 5, 1, 5, 5

#2 'D6' : 4, 1, 1, 4
Back to top Go down
Garvan

Garvan

Character sheet
HP:
Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue13/22Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/22)
EXP:
Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue2775/5000Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24.07.12 13:32

Forgot to roll damage

Sword = 4D6 +2D6 = 17 - 15 DR = 2 DMG

Last edited by Garvan on 24.07.12 13:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Winds Of Fate

The Winds Of Fate

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24.07.12 13:32

The member 'Garvan' has done the following action : Diceroller

'D6' : 2, 3, 3, 5, 1, 3
Back to top Go down
Artimus

Artimus

Character sheet
HP:
Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15/21Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (15/21)
EXP:
Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1375/5000Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24.07.12 15:53

The warm water held in the keel of the great ship felt sharp again as a streak of fear icied Artimus’ spine. If there was any question what that frenzied thrashing sound was. That panic that had erupted noisily, echoing off the hull, only to fall sharply quiet. It quickly was made clear by the sharp jab that rocked through his innards; from sternum to anus. Instinctively Artimus floated backward to whichever of the hull walls would bear him. The curvature of the holds extremities protecting his exposed flank

Artimus realized that this sopping wooden coffin had robbed him and his fellow interlopers’ eyes of their cunning. So he casted them aside, remembering the fencing lessons his mother Chloe De Londe taught him, without “the weakness of your eyes”.

“Blind folded you must feel your blade ma biche and learn sense mine. Listen to the air, it is as thick as steel and it is everywhere. Trust it closer than the beat of you own heart, for it tells all tales, and betrays every foe mon trésor. ”

Hours and hours blended together with the darkness that lay trapped between the opaque linen and his eyes. Moments marked with a
litany flat side strikes landing while his own foil foibled in the air helplessly wofting as his frustration rose. Foot , arm, ankle, neck, groin they landed, off beat without measure or pattern, the expertly timed strikes of master fencer could not be dodged or anticipate. They must be understood. Wholly.

Artimus focused, breathed deeply pushing his dizzying rage down through his feet and into the rectifying earth. With his fuming ire, went the sound of his breath, the thumping of his Brettonian heart. Even the wisps of the leaves in the trees were banished. There now, standing among the silence, destitute of vision, he could hear, something.... faintly flitting... and fluttering, like the wings of a butterfly or the sound of a maid brushing a golden splay of shimming hair. In his mind he readied himself poised and taught like a coiled viper waiting to strike with deadly the bite of his swordarm, waiting, quietly for his moment....

*CLANG* The sound of steel on steel, and the release of ignorance.

His mind washed back the present, to the murky hull where he and his friends, floated their forms threatened by nautical equivalent of snarling hounds.

Like the truth that was confessed by the air, so would the waves surrender its toothy band while expounding the truth of his surroundings.

The Bretonnian drew his steel into the salty darkness and listened, waiting patiently for his moment to strike.

He spoke not a word

(Artimus is listening to the water with his back to the hull, which is theory could tell the approximate size of the room, where the exit is ,if the room is full of cargo or empty and most importantly when the shark is right in front of Art.)

Listen 1D+1 (5+1=6)

Sword to hit = (3D+2) + 2D (6, 1, 4, 5, 6+2= 22!)
; to dmg = (2D+2)+3 might (1, 5,65+2+3=11) x2 33 dmg
on shark 2, Dr 15 = 7 dmg

Swim (DC 5) 3D+2 (1, 1, 2+2 =6) Hopefully being against the wall will make the swimming part mute as I maybe able to stand partially. who knows Smile

EDITED TO INCLUDE CRITS WOOO

Last edited by Artimus on 25.07.12 12:09; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lore Keeper
Admin
Lore Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25.07.12 11:47

Fellowship - The 31st of Auguste - 11:16 PM

[Round 2 of Midnorton underwater, will fall unconscious if failed save vs. grapple on round 3]

Midnorton gargled for air as he stabbed out madly, blood and cartilage streaming through the black water as the shark's mate sunk down into the void.

Artimus' blade dripped a stream of viscous liquid into the water around him, the mariner hugging the pitch-black wall and striking out furiously. They had lost each other in the confusion, and adrenaline pumped as the fellowship searched for the other shark, and Midnorton...

Midnorton

Somewhere beneath the surface, Midnorton's lungs screamed for air as he grappled with the razor-sharp fangs of the marine beast. The fleshy, cold creature trashed back and forth in a fury, teeth sinking deeper through the leather and flesh of the bowman and rending into his legs.

[Shark, grapple damage: 10 - (Cool = 2 damage]
[Shark, vs. grapple target number: 12]

===============================

Midnorton, your MIGHT check must be 12 or more to escape the shark.

EXP: +100 to Art, Garv, Mid
Back to top Go down
Midnorton

Midnorton

Character sheet
HP:
Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16/16Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/16)
EXP:
Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue950/5000Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25.07.12 12:11

Air bubbles escaped Midnorton’s mouth as his lungs burned to retain air while he struggled with the shark. He hoped others would come to his aid as his emerald eyes began to glow, he struggled to hold back as he rammed his knife into the shark’s jaws with such force, he broke off one of the large teeth.

With the new opening he attempted to pry the shark’s jaws open but only caused more air to be used up in his lungs as his eyes cease to glow and start to become dim.

The water became cloudy with both his and the shark’s blood as he continued to be pulled downward…

=======

Knife Attack vs. Shark 1
[Roll1: 6,6,5 = 17 - 5 (Darkness) = 12; CRITICAL HIT]

Damage
[Roll2: 6,1,3 = 10 x2 (Critical) = 20 - 15 (DR) = 5 damage]

Escape
[Roll3: 6, 2 = 8 vs 12 (TN); FAIL]
Back to top Go down
Garvan

Garvan

Character sheet
HP:
EXP:
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25.07.12 15:27

The water was much warmer now. One of his companions seemed to have struck an incapacitating blow to one of the beasts. He could not tell who it was amid the choas. Waves crashed into him and his gear threatened to pull him to the sea bed. Blades flew through the air and somewhere in the darkness a garbled scream echoed.

Something brushed against his legs and Garvan lashed out in a fury of steel and water but his target was too fast.

A cruel fate indeed. This fisherman, killed by a fish... and what a despairing tomb.

=======================

MISS x2
Back to top Go down
Wulfric

Wulfric

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26.07.12 2:12

Wulfric froze in that moment of horror; the water felt icy. Only once in his whole life, had he ever seen a shark. He was eleven years old and it was one those days when the wharf-men returned to town to sell, load up on supplies, and chase women in the taverns.

On this particular day, the fishermen strode into town with a huge old shark swinging in a great net. Sunshine descended upon them all like a medallion, and most of the families from the county paid for a feast, and drank well into the darker hours. At the celebratory bonfire, Wulfric watched on as they filleted the ancient beast so that it could be broken down and eaten by the town.

Now Wulfric found himself at table of the beasts.

Oh, cold death.

The sharks whirred about, taunting the company like razor blades in steel bucket.

Not today, he willed.

---------------------------------------------

By listening to underwatermovement and watching/feeling for the bubbles that Midnorton's ambush would be causing, Wulfric attacks most accessible shark using his bow as a dagger

------
LK Rolled for Wulfric. See FIENDS & FOES thread for rolls

Roll# 1 = 8 (vs. 9, Shark Block) = MISSED!

Roll#2 = Damage (8 - Shark's DR (15) = -7) = Wouldnt have damaged anyhow

Last edited by Wulfric on 26.07.12 2:21; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Artimus

Artimus

Character sheet
HP:
EXP:
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26.07.12 8:42

Artimus felt the blade sink deeply into his toothy advesary, as it darted to meet the charging shark. He brought the blade to his mouth and ran his tongue from hilt to mid blade. The inhuman blood had coated the his edge totally assured him that the angry fish had met its end.

He listened intently for the other interdictor to their shipwreck insertion. Letting his ears guide his blade forward through the water, paddling awkwardly with his foil in one hand and his other tenuously negotiating flotation. His instincts told him the knife he carried would make a better ally in such a confrontation. The grace and poise of his Bretonnian steel was somewhat muted by the water’s buoyancy and restriction. The Mariner’s stubbornness showed through as he pressed the attack.

Artimus' blade glanced of one of the fins of the thrashing beast leaving the murking salt bath to absorb the burnt of the attempt

Sword to hit 18 = (3D+2) + 2D (5, 1, 4, 1, 5+2)

; to dmg = 16 (2D+2)+3d might (2, 1, 6, 1, 4+2)

Last edited by Artimus on 26.07.12 9:43; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lore Keeper
Admin
Lore Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26.07.12 10:33

Fellowship - The 31st of Auguste - 11:17 PM

Water splashed violently around as the fellowship lunged for the unseen sea creature, thrashing Midnorton about just below the surface.

The bowman's breath drained out through his mouth, and Midnorton could tell that soon consciousness would leave him. Pain burned through his leg as the huge fish whipped around, but his leathers had caught the beasts' teeth and a deep throbbing had begun to emanate around the spot.

[Shark damages Midnorton for 0 (8 - 8DR)]
[Shark grapple TN set at 9]

Midnorton's head began to swim as the last oxygen began to leave his brain. Soon, the predator would claim him.

=========================

Mid, your TN is 9 to free yourself from the grapple. You may attack this round, and roll your MIGHT check, but if you fail you fall unconscious at the end of the round, and drown 6 minutes (rounds) after that

EXP: +100 ea.

-LK
Back to top Go down
Artimus

Artimus

Character sheet
HP:
EXP:
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26.07.12 12:03

Artimus closed in tighter to the churning, frothy water, positioning himself at the perimeter of the raucous thrashing. His blade flipped in the air as he reversed his grip from the floating overhand grip to a more powerful underhand grip. A position reserved for finishing a clumsy and wounded opponent, what it lost in accuracy and grace was made up for in vicious power. With no offending steel to turn away it would be ideal. He shived at the beast, resolute that his stiletto-like blade would not be turned aside a second time. Artimus Blade drove deep into the anchient creatures body, lancing vital organs. Finally he felt the beast go limp. Withdrawing his sword cautiously he felt the warm swath of vitrol empty the fish and drain into the water.

"Vous et Fin"

The mariner wispered.

Sword to hit 19= (3D+2) + 2D (5, 6, 2, 4, 5
) -5

; to dmg =21 (2D+2)+3d6 might (4, 3, 5, 6, 1
)

shark is dmg'd 6 points Shark 1 is dead

Swim check fail 3d2+2 ( 2, 1, 4+2)

[Shark fin soup tonight boys!]
Back to top Go down
Midnorton

Midnorton

Character sheet
HP:
EXP:
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26.07.12 14:39

Unaware if the others were able to come to his aid or were in need of aid themselves, Midnorton with the last ounce of his strength grasped the shark’s maw and pushed the upper jaw and lower jaw away from each other to free his legs.

His lungs burned but he felt the shark loosen its hold on him which allowed him to kick away from the shark. Midnorton exploded through the surface of the water as he gasped for breath.

With the air that filled his lungs, the salt water that accumulated inside his belly caused him to throw up which removed the salt water but also his last meal.

Unsure if the threat was still present, he whipped his dagger about as he checked to see if it connected with any unseen shark.

=============

Escape Check
[Roll 1: 5,4 = 9 vs. 9 (TN) SUCCESS]

OOC: Only 3 damage total from Shark. Could've been so much worse.

Last edited by Midnorton on 26.07.12 14:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Winds Of Fate

The Winds Of Fate

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26.07.12 14:39

'D6' : 5, 4
Back to top Go down
Wulfric

Wulfric

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27.07.12 3:46

Wulfric pulled the crossbow from his back and wound it quickly in the water. He intended to shoot a slew of arrows into its gills or pull the eyes from its great head.
Back to top Go down
Lore Keeper
Admin
Lore Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27.07.12 9:25

Fellowship - The 31st of Auguste - 11:20 PM

In the dark, waterlogged hole of the scuttled ship, the fellowship rejoiced as Midnorton's head broke the water. The bowman coughed and sputtered as Artimus' blade came free of the finished beast.

They regrouped for a moment, the calm after battle washing over them like the warm bath of sharksblood that surrounded them, perhaps more fancily in the absence of light than factually.

When there was naught to do but swim, the fellowship pressed forward, feeling their way around the perimeter of the great hull in the darkness like beggars moving through the Caterwauls of Marienburg. The rough, slimy boards guided their hands until they could feel iron beneath their gloves; what could only be a latticed portcullis leading to another section of the ship.

============================|

As you've moved towards the portcullis, your feet can actually touch the floor of this cargo hold, though water is still up to your sternum. The portcullis is metal of some sort - likely iron, as is customary in the holds of ships used for military or trading purposes.

Beyond the gate is as black as where you are, and you can see nothing. Woe is the party without a mage to cast "light" upon a rock.

It is a heavy gate, and the water will not make it much easier to use. I require a MIGHT check if you intend to lift it, unless you plan on going back or searching for another exit.

MIGHT check is of Moderate difficulty (TargetNumber 13), and whoever wants to help can help. Whoever has the highest MIGHT roll will be the designated checker, and the others can attempt to aid with an Easy difficulty MIGHT check (TN 9). For every PC that surpasses the 9 TN MIGHT check, a +1 bonus is given to the designated checker. For every PC that fails the 9 TN MIGHT check, a -1 penalty is applied. Be aware of that.

The party receives 100 XP for each slaughtered shark.

PS - The bonus period for our first weeks of play has ended, and now each daily post will give a very necessary 50 XP instead of 100.

XP: +250 to all PC's, including Garvan (had a legitimate reason for not posting)

-LK
Back to top Go down
Midnorton

Midnorton

Character sheet
HP:
EXP:
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27.07.12 14:50

Midnorton was glad his injuries were not that severe and was equally glad they had reached the part of the ship that was not as waterlogged as the opening in the hull. He followed behind the group as he limped along.

The wound in his leg started to sting from the salt water as the adrenaline effects from the battle started to recede away. The darkness prevailed as he used his hand to help guide his way through the ship and watched as the iron portcullis came into sight. He knew that such an obstacle would be difficult for them so he pushed his way through the water and reached the portcullis.

Midnorton looked at the others and nodded that he was up to the task of lifting this gate. He waited for the others to get in position and then with a silent grunt he lifted with all the might he could muster and lifted with his legs. His legs started to protest in pain, especially around the shark inflicted wounds, but his resolve proved to be better today.

==============

Might to aid in lift
[Roll 1: 5, 6 = 11 vs. 9 TN; SUCCESS]

+1 to Lift for Garvin (Since he has the highest Might)

Last edited by Midnorton on 27.07.12 15:03; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Winds Of Fate

The Winds Of Fate

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27.07.12 14:50

'D6' : 5, 6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   Part I: Boarding Vengeance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Part I: Boarding Vengeance
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next