empireinblood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
COMBAT RESOURCES
Photobucket
Time Until Next Post
Resources
Photobucket
Photobucket
Zone Chart
Zone1 (East end, hallway outside the chamber): Double doors leading in to the hallway can be shut and bolted from the inside of the chamber.:
OCCUPY: Midnorton

Zone2 (Eastern half of the audience chamber): This is the main floor of the chamber, where all of the cultists have convened. It is literally a throng of men, and so moving into Zone3 would require an AGI check of 25 or more to avoid being pulled down and trampled by the crowd:
OCCUPY: Valaren, Skyler

Zone3 (Western half of the audience chamber): Here there is a raised platform, where there is an altar beneath a giant golden statue that is suspended in mid-air.:
OCCUPY: Masked CULT LEADER, Pregnant woman, Artimus, Garvan

Difficulty Ratings
Photobucket

Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Artimus

Artimus

Reknown : 8

Character sheet
HP:
Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe Left_bar_bleue15/21Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe Empty_bar_bleue  (15/21)
EXP:
Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe Left_bar_bleue1375/5000Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe Empty_bar_bleue  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe Empty
PostSubject: Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe   Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe I_icon_minitime14.09.12 13:23

Dusk swiftly turned to twilight as the sun sank past the horizon, leaving the world again for another day till summon'd by the dawn. Towards the west, stars began to appear in their nightly positions as the moon rose to its lofty zenith and gazed down over it's mono-chromed kingdom. Below its pale face, sat a modest building, smoke churling from it's chimney. Peaks and whoops of laughter and rivary leaking through it exterior walls. Scents of this spiced meat and that warm bread seeped into the night air, tempting men and beast and all manner of things, beating heart and warm to the touch.

This inn whether it be, the Spotted Beetle, the hog and the sow or any of the Taverns that dotted the countryside in every town, village and down long pathway through the old world. It was sure there were men inside, drinking their fill to laugh the night away or kill the live's sadness under the weight of ale.

in this tavern this night there was a Mariner of argueable renown and guile. Those who would seek him out work find here.

( Hey everyone! I thought it might be fun to have a continuous post of conversation between our characters, chatting about events past present and future. feel free to address Artimus with any questions or recant to him a story or a song! Just remember, the setting is an tavern)
Back to top Go down
Artimus

Artimus

Reknown : 8

Character sheet
HP:
Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe Left_bar_bleue15/21Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe Empty_bar_bleue  (15/21)
EXP:
Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe Left_bar_bleue1375/5000Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe Empty_bar_bleue  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe   Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe I_icon_minitime14.09.12 15:05

The tavern served as an amble covering to the rising brisk air of the autumn; marked by a wayward leaf scattered on the stoop and the soft dampness that lingered just outside. The fireplace produced equal portions of heat and ruddy odour, filing the room with the sticky sweet sent of pine as the fresh wood seethed beyond the hearth, the seasoned hardwood of last autumn dry as dry could be. The atmosphere within the tavern was cheery. The score of patrons under the roof toasted to good havests and even days. The succulent aroma of roasting boar could be smelled amongst the pine from a smaller fire in the kitchen area, where a trio of cooks bustled between board and cauldron, adding chunks of root vegetables and fresh herbs that filled the glass jars lined up on the low shelf along the far wall.

Laughter punctuated the roil of conversation as people moved from serving bar to fireplace to food tables to buy small portions of meat and this soups served in pewter bowls. Indeed, even from the outside it appeared that the building was bursting at the seams with cheer, the cracks in the rough plank walls spilled smoke and firelight onto the muddy ground outside.

Inside the roar of jublation was rising, as a distinctly bretonian voice was urging the tavern on with song. with a foot upon chair the man, wearing his hair, whispy and more blond tied back in a knot, waived a flaggon of ale two and fro to the rythm of a heady seaman's balad. gathered around farmboys, and maids , blacksmith and feltcher all took part, humming and shouting along, knowing the words or not. They Chorused along

To a tavern after a day of plunder, walks the pirate king, thief of women and captain of wonder.
He sits for a drink and calls the barmaid to his chair, searching the room for something pretty at which to stare.
Innkeeper's daughter, innkeeper's wife have yet to show him the beauty of the rest of his life.
Until his eyes fall upon a woman, his ears perking up at the sound of her humming.
He meets her gaze and with a grin, offers her the infamous, favorite sin.
'Lovely lass, ye tavern wench, sit beside me on this bench. I've a secret I'd like to share as I stroke thy golden hair.
'A crew of men 'tis all I've known which has left my touch alone. I've seen great tides, endured black waves; yet but a kiss my lips have craved.
'Ye taunt my heart-this view of thy breast; I'd much prefer thou wear something less. Abrupt and sudden I may seem, yet I've longed for a bed and woman between.
'Let's steal away to my bobbing ship. I promise I'll do well to tip. Thou gentle face and pleading eyes cause me pain for want of thy cries.
'I need no moans ye damning dame-simply a gasp of my pirate name. Then ye shall lie thy head on my chest for thy rewarded time of rest.
'My buccaneer bosom, ye lady long legs, soon for another night with me thy passion shall beg.'
She smiles at the promise of all he has to show her, watching as his kiss ventures far lower.
'My Lord, my love, ye cruel pirate king. Why must ye cause my body to sting?
'If thou wouldst wait for my reply, thou wouldst know I would be overjoyed to lie
'Within thy bed, captured in want, reveling in the depths of thy pirate king brunt.'
'My buccaneer bosom, there ye shall stay; ye lady long legs, in my hold ye shall lay."
Falling back into his chair with a smile Artimus seemed not to have care in the world. for this place seemed to exist outside of time, a different place. The Mariner ordered himself another round.

( written before i saw your post AO-LK, I'll respond to yours shortly. Glad you're in)

Last edited by Artimus on 14.09.12 15:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lore Keeper
Admin
Lore Keeper

Reknown : 9

PostSubject: Re: Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe   Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe I_icon_minitime14.09.12 15:13

Samuel Oakhairne watched from over his bar as the seaman strode across the aged wooden floor. He was a younger man, younger than he, anyhow, and walked with the swagger of an Imperial general. The old proprietor of The Wheel and Skull tavern smirked, wiping down the constant alespill drifting over from the three regulars drowning their coppers from their stools.

It was evening, and the crowd was picking up. The young folk from the city would be piled in promptly, and he was due for a long night of service and cleaning. Samuel scratched his scruffy mutton-chopped face, wiping the ale from his hands on his apron as he set out from behind the bar, grabbing a bottle made of thick painted glass.

He crossed his tavern-floor leisurely, tossing a toothpick into the hearth as he walked by, and pulled a shotglass from his barbelt. The blond newcomer had taken a seat at his corner table, and he extended a hand towards the gentleman.

"Samuel Oakhairne, if it please you. Welcome to the Wheel and Skull." With a grin, Samuel dropped the shotglass on the table and poured the stranger a drink, taking a swig from the bottle afterwards.

"Now, who are you."

((Great idea Art, stickied!))
Back to top Go down
https://empireinblood.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe   Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ales and Ashes - Stop by for a warm ale and full pipe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
empireinblood :: Meta :: The Wheel and Skull-
Jump to: