empireinblood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
COMBAT RESOURCES
Photobucket
Time Until Next Post
Resources
Photobucket
Photobucket
Zone Chart
Zone1 (East end, hallway outside the chamber): Double doors leading in to the hallway can be shut and bolted from the inside of the chamber.:
OCCUPY: Midnorton

Zone2 (Eastern half of the audience chamber): This is the main floor of the chamber, where all of the cultists have convened. It is literally a throng of men, and so moving into Zone3 would require an AGI check of 25 or more to avoid being pulled down and trampled by the crowd:
OCCUPY: Valaren, Skyler

Zone3 (Western half of the audience chamber): Here there is a raised platform, where there is an altar beneath a giant golden statue that is suspended in mid-air.:
OCCUPY: Masked CULT LEADER, Pregnant woman, Artimus, Garvan

Difficulty Ratings
Photobucket

Conversation about duelling

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lore Keeper
Admin
Lore Keeper

Reknown : 9

Conversation about duelling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conversation about duelling   Conversation about duelling I_icon_minitime19.09.12 10:13

[OOC: You're allowed to be very confused. The priest is scared to hell, and you are a Brettonian, assuming all sorts of things about the existence of duels in the Empire. Oh, foreign man.]
Back to top Go down
https://empireinblood.forumotion.com
Artimus

Artimus

Reknown : 8

Character sheet
HP:
Conversation about duelling Left_bar_bleue15/21Conversation about duelling Empty_bar_bleue  (15/21)
EXP:
Conversation about duelling Left_bar_bleue1375/5000Conversation about duelling Empty_bar_bleue  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Conversation about duelling   Conversation about duelling I_icon_minitime19.09.12 10:15

OCC I politely disagree with your interprutation of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Lore Keeper
Admin
Lore Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Conversation about duelling   Conversation about duelling I_icon_minitime19.09.12 10:18

In what way?

There are no formal duelling laws in the Empire. We can say that there are in Brettonia, I see that as acceptable - you can continue to RP as if you're unaware of this.

However, this priest has never seen a duel, nor been asked to officiate, and all he knows is youre charging down the halfling and he could be next.

Its been a bit of a stressful evening for our friend Therus, and through his eyes youre both his saviour, part of some other plot that resulted in his kidnapping, and an assailant.

Back to top Go down
Artimus

Artimus

Character sheet
HP:
Conversation about duelling Left_bar_bleue15/21Conversation about duelling Empty_bar_bleue  (15/21)
EXP:
Conversation about duelling Left_bar_bleue1375/5000Conversation about duelling Empty_bar_bleue  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Conversation about duelling   Conversation about duelling I_icon_minitime19.09.12 11:01

We're playing a homebrew, I get that. but I was given the Warhammer suppliment and told, this was the general guidlines

Right from the Warhammer fantasy suppliment:

in some parts of the Old World (and even the
Empire) the ancient custom of trial by combat is
still recognized as a legal procedure, and favored by
old-fashioned nobles with a martial streak. Most
trials by weapon are to death, or to one of the
combatants surrender. A fighter that fights on the
behalf of somebody in a trial of combat is called a
judicial champion, and sometimes is employed by
nobles to fight their trials. Since the type of used
weapons is chosen by a judge, a judicial champion
is often skilled in wide variety of weapons, and
quite competent at what he does. A good rule is
never to accept a trial of combat against a noble
since that means fighting a judicial champion that is
at least far more skilled than any fighter a humbler
man afford, not to speak of the humbler man
himself…
Players keen on pursuing the title of a Judicial
Champion should consider the pit fighter or the
mercenary as starting careers. But veterans and,
particular, duellists make for excellent judicial
champions. But basically anyone with the Weapon
Skill trained and at least two weapon skill
specializations can become Judicial Champions.
The title can also be given as a reward by a noble.

My take at it is, medevil culture had dueling as a way of settling differences across it's recorded history. this practice continued up until the 1830's. Not having dueling as a cultural touch stone to the point that they have no idea what Artimus is talking about is in kind with the notion of not having kings, or money, or swords.
Back to top Go down
Artimus

Artimus

Character sheet
HP:
EXP:
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Conversation about duelling   Conversation about duelling I_icon_minitime19.09.12 11:05

Dueling aside

cherious admits to following us,

offers no explaination,

and is generally rude, Artimus would have had at him regardless.

Artimus made it clear that Cherious actions were in questions. so Therious shock doesn't make sense. there has been no threat issued against him whatsoever. Like you say we just saved his ass.
Back to top Go down
Lore Keeper
Admin
Lore Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Conversation about duelling   Conversation about duelling I_icon_minitime19.09.12 13:14

Ah I understand, well let me address those two things:

1. Duelling) Wow, Im surprised you still have that WHFRP 2.0 rulebook...thats pretty cool. And yeah, thats a neat passage, although it IS part of a class description so even if I did have the book it would still be a tad buried. I can see where the legitimacy part comes from; my issue is, however, that as a referee if you are assuming something about the game world based on some supplemental information from any sourcebook, I need you to at least discuss it with me first, if only to inform me of it so that I can make a judgement call on whether or not to include it in the homebrew. In any case, I've decided that duelling is a Brettonian thing, and we can play it off that way.

2. Therus running in shock) He's a preacher in Sulkporte, and regardless of the fact that you made your intentions clear, hes generally just confused. Hes not a battle-hardened veteran, hes a pedestrian preacher used to drinking his brains out at night and sitting around pushing paper during the day. While death and treachery in the Old World is not exactly uncommon, Therus interpreted your duelling of Cherous as a completely random act of hostility.

Its really not a factor of whether or not you believe his actions to make sense given the circumstances. He was surprised, shocked, and then when he saw you two clashing blades adrenaline kicked in and he decided to book it. I know you didnt directly threaten him, but we did just go from quarrelous talking amongst one another with sharp tongues and angry tones to a full-blown attack with weapons.

If you think about it, lets say you, me, dylan and joey started an argument with some random black guy in the street. 10 feet away theres a priest that doesnt know you, but knows the black guy. Regardless of how heated the words are, you pull out a machete and start beating the shit out of the black guy, who pulls out a pair of knives to defend himself. Then, me dylan and joey pull out some guns and point them at the black guy and the priest. Chances are, the priest is either going to shit his pants, pass out, or run the fuck away when his fight-or-flight kicks in.

Therus decided to run Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conversation about duelling   Conversation about duelling I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conversation about duelling
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
empireinblood :: Meta :: The Wheel and Skull-
Jump to: